- 1. Where is Da Nang Vietnam?
- 2. When is the best time to visit Da Nang Vietnam?
- 3. The means of transportation for your trip to Da Nang
- 4. Things to do in Da Nang Vietnam to enrich your experience
- 4.1. Take stunning photos at Dragon Bridge
- 4.2. Explore the architecture of Da Nang Cathedral
- 4.3. Learn about tradition in Nam O Fish Sauce Village
- 4.4. Go sightseeing at Linh Ung Pagoda
- 4.5. Relax at My Khe Beach Da Nang Vietnam
- 4.6. Visit Cham Museum Da Nang
- 4.7. Enjoy tasty specialties at Da Nang markets
- 5. Where to stay in Da Nang Vietnam?
Vietnam travel and tourism has been attracting tourists from all over the world with its mesmerising beaches, many of which are located in Da Nang. The city also has many other attractions, including architectural works, handicraft villages, spiritual tourist sites, mysterious museums, and mouth-watering delicacies. Note them down and be ready for your upcoming trip!
1. Where is Da Nang Vietnam?
Da Nang is located in Central Vietnam, which is some 764 kilometres to the south of Hanoi and 961 kilometres to the north of Ho Chi Minh City. It is an important gateway to other northern, southern, and central provinces.
2. When is the best time to visit Da Nang Vietnam?
Da Nang has features typical of the sub-tropical climate, with two distinct seasons: the dry season and the rainy season.
The dry season lasts from January to July, while the rainy season occupies the rest of the year. In each season, Da Nang weather has a special charm.
In the dry season, the weather is finely suitable for sight-seeing. It is also the time of various festivals in Da Nang, such as the international firework festival, Quan The Am Festival, and the boat racing festival. The best time to visit Da Nang Vietnam is from February to May, when temperatures average 23 – 28 degrees Celsius.
In the rainy season, there are often drizzling rains, which make the city seem quieter. This is also the off-peak season for tourism, so prices for accommodation and other services will be much lower.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to prepare well for your trip and optimize the budget!
3. The means of transportation for your trip to Da Nang
Da Nang is situated on the crucial transportation route between the Northern and Southern regions; so there are various means to get to and around Da Nang.
3.1. Going to Da Nang
- By plane: This is the most popular means of transportation, as travelling by air is so convenient and time-saving.
- By train: Many young people prefer travelling by train to Da Nang Vietnam, as they can contemplate the scenery along the way.
- By coach: There are many coach companies that offer soft seats and even beds to Da Nang and every other area in the country.
3.2. Getting around Da Nang
Once you reach the city, travelling around Da Nang is easy as most tourist destinations are close to each other. You can choose to go either by:
- Taxi: This is a popular choice among visitors as it is fairly convenient and quick, though the fare may be rather high. It is advisable for you to take a taxi if you travel in a group of over 3 people.
- Bike: To young people, travelling in the city by bike is better as they can save money and be more active. You can stop at any place anytime you want, as long as you can find the way yourself.
- Cyclo: If you want to try a traditional means of transport which helps you leisurely wander around Da Nang, take a cyclo!
- Car: Renting a car is a better option for a big group or family to explore the city at your own pace. The rent may cost a bit, obviously.
- Bus: There are many bus routes to and from popular tourist spots in Da Nang. Travelling by bus is much cheaper than other means.
4. Things to do in Da Nang Vietnam to enrich your experience
While you are in Da Nang, spare no effort in enjoying it with the following suggestions:
4.1. Take stunning photos at Dragon Bridge
Considered as a symbol of Da Nang, Dragon Bridge is a must-visit site. It was opened in 2013, connecting Da Nang Airport to the beaches of My Khe and Non Nuoc. The steel dragon bridge can “breathe” fire and water, at 9 pm on Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays.
4.2. Explore the architecture of Da Nang Cathedral
Da Nang Cathedral is among the best places to visit in Da Nang Vietnam, which is located in No. 156 Tran Phu Street, Hai Chau District. Da Nang Cathedral is more popularly known as Rooster Cathedral, as a gray rooster figure is installed on the top of the cathedral. This is the only cathedral in Da Nang that was built in the French colonial period.
Visiting the site, you will be attracted by the French architectural style with tall towers and carved decoration patterns. The curved windows and doors make the cathedral look like those in Europe. Here, there are many statues of Jesus and paintings of stories in the Bible. At the back of the cathedral, there is a cave dedicated to Mother Maria.
4.3. Learn about tradition in Nam O Fish Sauce Village
Located on Tran Phu Street, Hai Chau District, this is a small fishing village by the Thuy Tu River. Nam O Fish Sauce Village was established hundreds of years ago. It is home to clear and tasty fish sauce, a typical delicacy of Da Nang. You will have a chance to experience many traditional customs in the village.
The village used to be very well-known at the end of the 19th century, when their fish sauce was often offered to the King as gifts. The locals have passed down, from generations to generations, the method to produce the tasty fish sauce. Nam O fish sauce is a popular souvenir from Da Nang, so buying a bottle of it is among what to do in Da Nang Vietnam.
4.4. Go sightseeing at Linh Ung Pagoda
Visiting Linh Ung Pagoda is among the top things to do in Da Nang Vietnam. There are two pagodas named Linh Ung in Da Nang: one in Son Tra Peninsula and one in the Marble Mountains.
- Linh Ung Pagoda Son Tra Peninsula is located in Bai But area, Son Tra district. The pagoda was built in an area of about 20 hectares and includes many large structures such as towers, halls, monasteries, etc. At the pagoda, you will be immersed in a quiet and peaceful space. From here, you will have a good aerial view of Da Nang as well.
In addition, there is a 67-metre-tall Lady Buddha statue, which is as tall as a 30-storey building. The statue standing on a giant lotus platform has created a majestic and sacred atmosphere for the pagoda.
- Linh Ung Pagoda Marble Mountain is located in the Marble Mountains, Ngu Hanh Son district. At the pagoda, you will be immersed in a mystical and extremely sacred space. The pagoda is surrounded by green trees and fresh air. Strolling around and admiring the unique architectural beauty will surely help visitors forget about all their hustle and bustle.
In addition, the pagoda has many ancient Buddha statues. There is a 7-storey tower of up to 28 metres tall, which contains nearly 200 Buddha statues. This tower is home to the largest number of stone statues in Vietnam.
4.5. Relax at My Khe Beach Da Nang Vietnam
My Khe Beach is known as one of the best beaches on the planet, which is situated some 3 kilometres away from Da Nang’s city centre. The beach has a long stretch of smooth white sand and clear turquoise water which is warm all year round. Shaded by the lush coconut trees, My Khe Beach Da Nang Vietnam is a tourist hotspot for every visitor to Da Nang.
4.6. Visit Cham Museum Da Nang
Built in the early 20th century, Cham Museum Da Nang impresses visitors with its gothic architecture, yellow walls, big windows, and pointed arched domes. The museum has over 2,000 objects and 500 sculptures of the ancient Cham kingdom. In a total exhibition area of 6,600 square metres, the objects are divided into areas based on where they were discovered (My Son, Quang Tri, Tra Kieu, or Dong Duong, etc).
4.7. Enjoy tasty specialties at Da Nang markets
There is no lack of delicious food in Da Nang Vietnam for you to try. Check them out:
- Seafood: Fresh seafood (squid, snail, shrimp, crab, mantis shrimp, etc) can be found in Con Market, Han Market, Helio Night Market, and Son Tra Night Market in Da Nang;
- Pork spring rolls: These spring rolls are a unique delicacy in Da Nang thanks to the thick dipping fish sauce which brings along an unforgettable taste;
- Quang noodles: Always on top of the list of what to eat in Da Nang Vietnam, the dish consists of thick rice noodles served with pork, chicken, shrimp, and fish;
- Nam O herring salad: A dish made from the herring caught in Nam O village, wrapped with rice paper and dipped into thick fish sauce along with fresh herbs;
- Banh xeo: A fried pancake made of rice powder, shrimp, pork, bean sprouts and herbs;
- Pha lau: A dish made of pork and offal stew, loved by many thanks to its strong taste of coconut milk;
- Durian sweet soup: A tasty dessert that makes use of the local durian sweet, resulting in its strong and rich flavour.
After exploring Da Nang, you can pay a visit to the nearby Hoi An Ancient Town. Here, there are many attractions, such as Japanese Bridge, My Son Sanctuary, An Bang Beach, Cantonese Assembly Hall, etc. Notably, while you are in Hoi An, you should definitely visit VinWonders Nam Hoi An. This top-rated amusement park is full of wonderful entertaining activities in its 5 subdivisions, which will bring you all kinds of exhilarating experiences:
- Adventure Land: A place that tests the bravery of thrill-seeking tourists who love adventure and want to break their limits through heart-pounding games;
- Island of Folk Culture: A place that gathers the genuine architectural features of every region in Vietnam and vividly reproduces the Vietnamese traditional craft village;
- Water World: A water paradise with slides and pools for children, families and friends, along with 11 exciting games for you to cool off in summer;
- Harbor Corner: A place where you can immerse yourself in a space of contrasting cultural features of the past and present, of the East and West;
- River Safari: The first and largest river safari in Vietnam, home to more than 50 species and 550 individuals of animals carefully raised.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An to best enjoy your trip to Central Vietnam!
5. Where to stay in Da Nang Vietnam?
Da Nang is a tourist hub of Central Vietnam. Therefore, it has many hostels, hotels, and resorts to meet the diverse demands of tourists. Among them, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang is a highly recommended place to stay thanks to its high-class facilities and services.
Situated right by the magnificent Non Nuoc Beach, this peaceful oasis-like resort has more than 100 neoclassical-style villas surrounded by a lush ground of flowers and fruits. From here, you can conveniently reach many famous destinations, such as the Marble Mountains, Hoi An Ancient Town, VinWonders Nam Hoi An amusement park, Vinpearl Nam Hoi An golf course, etc.
>>> Book Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang to have a pleasant stay in Central Vietnam!
Da Nang has the most spectacular beaches of Central Vietnam, together with numerous stunning architectural works, long-standing traditional handicraft villages, ancient temples, cultural museums, and unique tasty dishes. The city also has the best hotels and resorts offering 5-star facilities and world-class services.
>>> Don’t forget to book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An in advance to get the best offers!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to optimize your time and budget as well!