- 1. Linh Ung Pagoda Son Tra Peninsula – A famous spiritual destination
- 2. Linh Ung Pagoda Marble Mountain – One of the most ancient pagodas in Da Nang
- 3. Notes for sightseeing and worshiping at Linh Ung Pagoda Vietnam
Linh Ung Pagoda is an ideal religious attraction in Da Nang. Here, visitors can find inner peace in the midst of a pure sacred place. In fact, Linh Ung is actually a system of three pagodas, forming a spiritual “triangle” and attracting a large number of tourists from all over the world to visit and admire the scenery.
1. Linh Ung Pagoda Son Tra Peninsula – A famous spiritual destination
Linh Ung Pagoda Son Tra Peninsula (also known as Linh Ung Pagoda Bai But) was built in 2004 and is an architectural work of great cultural and artistic values in the coastal city of Da Nang.
- Address: Bai But area, Tho Quang ward, Son Tra district, Da Nang
- Ticket price: Free
- Opening hours: 6 am – 9 pm
1.1. How to get to Linh Ung Bai But Pagoda?
This pagoda is about 10 kilometers away from the city center. To get here, you can choose from many different means of transport such as taxis, cars, motorbikes, etc. From the Dragon Bridge, you can follow Vo Van Kiet street leading to the beach. Turn left onto Vo Nguyen Giap street, then go straight along Hoang Sa street to reach the pagoda.
1.2. Some highlights of the pagoda in Son Tra Peninsula
1.2.1. Exquisite architecture
Linh Ung Pagoda Son Tra Peninsula is the largest among the three pagodas of the same name in Da Nang. It has an area of about 20 hectares and includes many large structures such as towers, halls, monasteries, etc.
The pagoda was built with extremely sophisticated architecture. The main hall has a dragon-shaped roof surrounded by sturdy pillars, while the statues are meticulously carved. This is a harmonious combination between the traditional Asian architecture and the sophisticated contemporary architecture.
1.2.2. The tallest Lady Buddha statue in Vietnam
At Linh Ung Pagoda Son Tra Peninsula, visitors will be surprised with this statue of up to 67 meters high – equivalent to a 30-storey building. The statue faces the sea, holding a pitcher of nectar in one hand, and holding the samadhi seal in the other. Inside the statue are 17 floors, each has 21 smaller Buddha statues. The statue of Lady Buddha Da Nang sitting on a giant lotus platform has created a majestic and sacred atmosphere for the pagoda.
1.2.3. Beautiful natural landscape
At Linh Ung Pagoda Son Tra Peninsula, you will be immersed in a quiet and peaceful space. The combination of the pagoda, the sea, and the mountains have made a beautiful natural landscape. The air in the pagoda is also very cool thanks to the large space and big trees. From the pagoda, you can enjoy the full view of the mountains, sky, sea and the beautiful city of Da Nang.
2. Linh Ung Pagoda Marble Mountain – One of the most ancient pagodas in Da Nang
Linh Ung Pagoda Marble Mountain is the oldest among the three pagodas of the same name in Da Nang. It is located on the top of Water Mountain – the most beautiful mountain in the Marble Mountain complex.
- Address: Water Mountain, Hoa Hai ward, Ngu Hanh Son district, Da Nang
- Ticket price: VND 15,000/adult, VND 5,000/student (about $0.7 and 0.3, respectively)
- Opening hours: 6:30 am – 5:30 pm
2.1. Directions to reach the pagoda with ease
This pagoda is about 10 kilometers southeast of the city center. To get here, you can also choose from many different means of transport such as taxis, cars, motorbikes, etc. From the Dragon Bridge, go onto Vo Van Kiet street and turn left onto Ngo Quyen street. Continue on to Tran Thi Ly roundabout, then go straight to the pagoda.
2.2. What to explore at Linh Ung Pagoda Marble Mountain?
2.2.1. The large number of Buddha statues
Linh Ung Pagoda Marble Mountain has many ancient Buddha statues. Right in the courtyard is a white Buddha statue of up to 10 meters high. Inside, there is a 7-storey tower of up to 28 meters high. Inside the tower are nearly 200 Buddha statues. This tower is home to the largest number of stone statues in Vietnam.
As soon as you step into the main hall, you will admire the very majestic statues of Shakyamuni Buddha, Amitabha Buddha, and Maitreya Buddha. On the two sides of the main hall are statues of Stratum Bodhisattva and Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva. In the middle of the hall are statues of Manjushri Bodhisattva and Samantabhadra Bodhisattva.
2.2.2. Peaceful space and beautiful natural scenery
At Linh Ung Pagoda Marble Mountain, you will be immersed in a mystical and extremely sacred space. The pagoda is surrounded by green trees and has extremely fresh air. Strolling in the pagoda, admiring its unique architecture and enjoying its pure beauty will surely help visitors get rid of all their worries and fatigue. This is also a place to pray for peace and luck for many tourists from all over the world.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang in advance to discover these extraordinary pagodas!
3. Notes for sightseeing and worshiping at Linh Ung Pagoda Vietnam
The two Linh Ung pagodas in Da Nang are all places of spiritual tourism, so you should pay some attention when visiting them. Specifically:
- Choose non-revealing formal outfits, avoid wearing shorts or tank-tops.
- Keep your voice down inside the pagoda, walk softly and mind the properties of the pagodas.
- Linh Ung pagodas in Da Nang are often located on mountains, therefore, you should wear a pair of flat shoes instead of choosing high heels.
- Bring necessary items such as sunscreen, hats, umbrellas, foods and drinks, etc.
- If you choose to travel by motorbike, you should check the vehicle carefully before departure, especially for the brakes. This is because the roads to the pagodas often have many sharp turns.
Domestic and international tourists often include Da Nang, Hue and Hoi An Ancient Town in one itinerary on their trip to Central Vietnam. If you happen to be in Hoi An, it is highly recommended that you also come to VinWonders Nam Hoi An, a world-class amusement park full of entertaining activities.
VinWonders Nam Hoi An has 5 subdivisions which will bring you numerous exhilarating experiences:
- Adventure Land: a place to test the courage of those who love adventure, want to explore and break their limits through heart-pounding games.
- Island of Folk Culture: a place that gathers the authentic architectural features in every region of Vietnam and vividly reproduces traditional Vietnamese craft villages.
- Water World: a water paradise with slides and pool for children, families and friends, along with 11 exciting games for you to cool off the summer heat.
- Harbor Corner: a place where cultures meet. You will be immersed in a space of contrasting colors, with cultural features of the past and present, of the East and West.
- River Safari: the first and largest river safari in Vietnam, home to more than 50 species, 550 individuals of animals which are preserved and raised with full care.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An to have lots of fun at this amazing amusement park!
As spiritual tourism in Da Nang is more and more developed, Linh Ung Pagoda is one of the outstanding places contributing to such development. This is also a place where visitors can find their inner peace, relax and explore the sacred and unique architectural works along with the beautiful surrounding scenery.