- 1. About Dragon Bridge in Da Nang Vietnam
- 2. When do the fire and water breathing performances take place in Dragon Bridge?
- 3. The top 3 not-to-be-missed destinations near Dragon Bridge
- 4. How to get to Dragon Bridge Da Nang?
Dragon Bridge is a not-to-be-missed destination in Da Nang. Here, you can not only admire the beautiful scenery of Han River but also enjoy the spectacular fire and water performances. Learn more about the bridge in this article to gain useful information for your upcoming trip!
1. About Dragon Bridge in Da Nang Vietnam
Dragon Bridge is located on Nguyen Van Linh Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City. It was officially inaugurated in 2013 to mark the 38th anniversary of Da Nang’s liberation. The bridge plays a significant role in both the city’s transportation network and tourism growth. This is the reason why it is recognized as the symbol of the thriving development of Da Nang and the pride of the locals.
With a length of 666 meters and a width of 37.5 meters, Dragon Bridge is the longest one in Vietnam. It crosses Han River with 6 lanes for vehicles and 2 lanes for pedestrians, providing access to the main streets in Da Nang city center, My Khe Beach, and Non Nuoc Beach from Da Nang International Airport.
The design of Dragon Bridge was influenced by Da Nang’s architecture art, specifically from the Ly Dynasty. Before construction, a survey was conducted to find the most impressive design for the bridge.
The bridge has the image of a dragon flying towards the sea while its tail resembles a blooming lotus flower. It is believed that the dragon represents strength, virtue, and good fortune while the lotus is the symbol of the picturesque countryside in Vietnam.
Moreover, the technology used to build Dragon Bridge was carefully applied by engineers to ensure the highest quality and safety. The entire Dragon Bridge is covered with 5 layers of paint, which are both resistant to corrosion and create an impressive look.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang to explore many interesting facts about Dragon Bridge!
2. When do the fire and water breathing performances take place in Dragon Bridge?
There are many visitors and photographers coming to Vietnam Dragon Bridge to get a good view of the gigantic golden dragon spanning across Han River. The sight is most impressive at night, when the bridge is covered by a stunning display of colorful LED lights.
One of the most thrilling experiences at Dragon Bridge is to enjoy the fire and water breathing performances at 9 o’clock on Saturday and Sunday nights or on major holidays. Thankfully, you can easily enjoy them without spending a dime.
2.1. Dragon Bridge Da Nang fire time
Fire breathing is the opening performance. It takes place 2 times, each includes 9 fire bursts. The combination of the sparkling lights and the fire that emerges from the dragon’s head will surely astound you.
2.2. Dragon Bridge Da Nang water time
Next is a 3-minute-long water breathing performance. It takes place 3 times, each includes one act. Combined with the fire breathing performance, it will give viewers an amazing experience in Da Nang at night.
According to many locals and tourists , the best places to enjoy the performances are right on Dragon Bridge, on Bach Dang Street, and on Tran Hung Dao Street. Also, there is a variety of riverfront pubs, cafes, and restaurants near Dragon Bridge. At these places, you can enjoy a fantastic view of the bridge. Taking a boat tour on Han River is also highly recommended.
3. The top 3 not-to-be-missed destinations near Dragon Bridge
You should plan to visit numerous other alluring Da Nang tourist destinations in addition to Dragon Bridge to make your trip more intriguing. Here are some suggestions:
- Da Nang Love Bridge: Situated on the East side of Han River, its arc shape was influenced by well-known love bridges from around the world. Here, couples can express their love by locking colorful padlocks on the bridge rails.
- Da Nang Cathedral: As a religious building located right in the heart of the city, it attracts a large number of tourists thanks to the impressive pink color, the outstanding architecture, and many meaningful cultural activities.
- Han River Bridge: Known as the first and only swing bridge in Vietnam, this place is a highlight of Da Nang’s cityscape. At night, the middle section of the bridge will rotate, which will be a great sight for you to see.
Hue, Da Nang, and Hoi An Ancient Town are frequently included on one itinerary for visitors to Central Vietnam, as they are quite near each other. There are countless tourist attractions to stop by at these destinations. Among them, VinWonders Nam Hoi An is a fantastic amusement park with lots of entertaining activities.
VinWonders Nam Hoi An offers you a wide range of thrilling experiences in its 5 subdivisions.
- Adventure Land is a place where daring visitors can push their physical and mental boundaries through exhilarating games.
- Island of Folk Culture replicates the traditional Vietnamese craft village and the authentic architectural elements from every region of the country.
- Water World is a water paradise with pools, slides, and fun activities for families and friends.
- Harbor Corner is the place for you to explore various civilizations. Here, you can immerse yourself in the historical and contemporary features of Eastern and Western culture.
- River Safari is the first and largest river safari in Vietnam. It is home to 550 carefully raised and preserved members of more than 50 different animal species.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An to experience genuine relaxation time!
4. How to get to Dragon Bridge Da Nang?
To get to Da Nang Dragon Bridge, follow the directions below for the most convenience:
4.1. From Hoi An
- By bus: With only about 20,000 VND, you can go to Dragon Bridge by bus. This is a very convenient means of transportation with short travel time.
- By motorbike: This is a preferred option for young people. Go straight along An Bang Highway, then turn left at a roundabout. Go straight to Vo Van Kiet Street and you will see Dragon Bridge.
4.2. From My Khe Beach
Follow Vo Nguyen Giap Street, turn left to Vo Van Kiet Street, then go straight to Dragon Bridge. There is another route for your reference, which is to follow Tran Phu Street.
Thanks to its unique design, Dragon Bridge has become a cultural symbol of Da Nang, representing their history and way of life. On your trip to this beautiful coastal city, you should not pass up the opportunity to see the amazing performances on the bridge at night. And don’t forget to visit many other attractions to enjoy your trip to the fullest!
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An to have lots of fun with your beloved!
>>> Remember to book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang in advance for a cost-effective trip!