- 1. About Nha Trang Vietnam
- 2. Where to go: Top attractions in Nha Trang Vietnam
- 3. What to eat: Delicious Nha Trang street food
- 4. Nha Trang travel tips for first-time visitors
Nha Trang Vietnam not only benefits from its geography and climate but also inherits a rich system of cultural and humanity heritages from the Central. It is always alluring to domestic and foreign tourists thanks to the charming beauty of beautiful beaches and the vibrantness of many entertainment areas. To know more about Nha Trang, read this article thoroughly!
1. About Nha Trang Vietnam
Nha Trang is a seaside city in Khanh Hoa Province. It borders Ninh Hoa Town in the North, Cam Ranh City and Dien Khanh District in the South. It is 1,280 kilometers away from Hanoi, 448 kilometers away from Ho Chi Minh City and 630 kilometers away from Hue. It enchants visitors with many well-known sceneries and has become the best location for those who enjoy taking photographs and relaxing on the beach.
Nha Trang Vietnam serves as a hub for politics, business, culture, science, technology, and tourism. It is divided into three portions by Cua Be River and Nha Trang River, consisting of 27 communes and wards. Before becoming a part of Vietnam, Nha Trang was a part of Champa. The Po Nagar Cham Towers, among other Chiem ruins, can still be found at this place.
Nha Trang Vietnam, with its magnificent beaches of white sand and pure blue water, unique culture and lifestyle, and exotic foods, has long been one of the top attractions in Vietnam. The city has everything you need for your trip, including a variety of lodgings from luxury resorts to common homestays, gorgeous islands, mud bathing services, restaurants, and so on.
2. Where to go: Top attractions in Nha Trang Vietnam
Nha Trang Vietnam has countless attractive destinations which are waiting for you to discover in your travel itinerary. Here are some ideal suggestions for a memorable experience in this beautiful city:
2.1. Beautiful Nha Trang islands
The islands in Nha Trang Vietnam are famous for their ravishing beauty and that is the reason why they attract millions of tourists every year. If you have the opportunity to come to this coastal city, take the time to explore these islands! You will not be disappointed.
- Monkey Island: This is a small island located in Nha Phu Bay, about 15 kilometers away from the center of Nha Trang City to the North. It is home to more than 1,200 monkeys, including many different species such as the gray-haired macaque and the red-faced macaque.
- Diep Son Island: This place is famous for a unique natural trail which is nearly 700 meters long and about 1 meter wide, connecting the three islands with one another. Besides, there is a bridge called “Pearl Bridge” where you can find a great background to take photos with your lover.
- Hon Yen Island: The reason why this place is called Hon Yen Island is because it is home to the rare small-sized swiftlets. Coming there, you will surely be amazed by a strange double beach with clear blue water, divided by a long white sand stretch.
- Hon Tam Island: This island is 7 kilometers away from Nha Trang City to the Southeast. Here, visitors can experience many different activities such as visiting Hoang Hoa Thon where there are ancient houses over 100 years old, kayaking, paragliding, walking under the sea, diving to see corals, etc.
- Hon Tre Island: Hon Tre is the largest island in Nha Trang Bay with an area of up to 32.5 square meters. Beside admiring the stunning natural scenery here, you will also have a chance to visit many attractive tourist spots and entertainment areas.
2.2. Best Nha Trang beaches
Nha Trang Vietnam has a number of spectacular white sand beaches that provide everything, from ideal sunbathing areas to a variety of leisure activities.
- Tran Phu Beach: This is the city’s most popular beach and attracts numerous tourists each year. Coming here, you can immerse yourself in the bustle with a lot of extraordinary seaside activities.
- Bai Dai Beach: As one of the greatest beaches in Nha Trang Vietnam, Bai Dai possesses a breathtaking beauty with its white sandy beach. Exploring corals from a glass-bottom boat or parasailing are what you should try here.
- Doc Let Beach: This beach is known for its crescent shape which allures numerous tourists. Along the shoreline, there are long expanses of white sand, turquoise water, and coconut palms, creating a poetic scenery.
- Starfish Beach: This beach is situated in Binh Lap Village, a secluded area in Cam Ranh Bay. Thanks to its shallow sand terrace, it is chosen by many families that bring their children to visit and play in the water.
2.3. VinWonders Nha Trang amusement park
Along with other well-known tourist attractions in Nha Trang Vietnam, VinWonders Nha Trang is a must-see location. Located in Hon Tre Island, it is a fantastic amusement park with many interesting experiences in an area of up to 50 hectares. The park has 6 wondrous subdivisions and nearly 100 exciting entertainment activities, which are suitable for visitors of all ages.
When you come there, you will undoubtedly have a great time exploring many interesting things with your companions. To find thrilling games, you should not miss out on visiting Adventure Land. Or, seeing rare animals and enjoying bird shows are interesting experiences that you will have at King’s Garden. Besides, don’t ignore World Garden, Water World, Sea World and Fairy Land. These subdivisions will not let you down.
>>> Book VinWonders Nha Trang e-tickets to enjoy your trip in an energetic way!
2.4. National Oceanographic Museum in Nha Trang city
National Oceanographic Museum is one of Vietnam’s oldest science research institutes, dating back to the early 20th century. It is also the country’s largest marine biodiversity and ecology research facility. The museum is housed in a lovely French-colonial edifice. Thousands of marine and avian specimens are displayed here with an aim of educating the public about marine conservation and the life of aquatic animals.
The museum features an 18-meter-long humpback whale skeleton discovered underground, glass tanks containing puffers and turtles, and even replicas of local boats. Visitors are allowed to stroll about the museum, which has exhibits explaining in English about sacred sea legends, demonstrating the destructive force of tsunamis, and detailing the country’s fishing history.
2.5. Ponagar Cham Towers
The Po Nagar temple complex was erected in around the 7th century and is dedicated to a multitude of deities, including Lady Po Nagar, the Goddess who created and nurtures the Earth. With its smooth stone towers and columns, the temple is a great blend of Cham (a Vietnamese ethnic minority) architecture and Hindu influences.
Situated on a hill overlooking Cai River, Po Nagar Cham Towers also include a small museum with stonework and sculptures of the ancient times. Because these structures still function as religious shrines, visitors are required to take off their shoes and dress modestly with their shoulders and legs covered.
2.6. Ba Ho Waterfalls
Ba Ho Waterfalls is a group of 3 waterfalls that are a 40-minute drive away from the center of Nha Trang Vietnam. On the way there, visitors will pass by turquoise coastline waters and rice fields that sway softly in the breeze. Among the waterfalls, the bottom one (waterfall 1) is the most crowded but also the simplest to reach. Yet, it still takes a half-hour journey through the bright green jungle to get there and dip your toes in the cool water pool.
Waterfall 2 and waterfall 3 are more difficult to reach as visitors need to carefully climb and push through the thick forest. Because the rocks might be slippery, especially during the rainy season, you should use suitable hiking shoes. There are painted arrows marking the way up, but you can also just follow the footsteps of other climbers. All three waterfalls are excellent cliff-jumping spots, with the height of up to 11 meters from the cliffs to the cool pools below.
2.7. Long Son Pagoda
Long Son Pagoda is known as the oldest temple in Nha Trang. It has the largest outdoor Buddha statue named in Vietnam Guinness Book of Records. The temple’s entryway, half of the roof, and the altar inside are all covered in beautiful dragon mosaics and organically painted ceramic tiles.
Standing from the highest position in Long Son Pagoda, visitors will have a chance to admire the bustling beauty of Nha Trang City. Therefore, the pagoda has become one of the top tourist attractions in this wonderful city and attracts many tourists from all over the world.
2.8. Dam Market
There are numerous marketplaces in Nha Trang Vietnam that will meet your every need, but none are as bustling or diverse as Dam Market. The market, which is housed in a circular two-story building, opens at 4 a.m and attracts largely locals who come here for their daily shopping.
Despite the market’s chaotic appearance, the stalls are organized in such a way that you can wander around and find areas for foods, clothes and handbags, handicrafts and souvenirs, and fresh seafood. These are sure to bring you tons of excitement in your travel to Nha Trang.
3. What to eat: Delicious Nha Trang street food
Nha Trang Vietnam is a culinary paradise where different culinary cultures of the Central collide. It is a fantastic location for foodies, with a wide range of delectable dishes available all across the city. Rural foods such as fish cake soup or grilled pork sausage, and even more expensive specialties like lobsters and salangane nests are well-known in Nha Trang.
Not only does Nha Trang Vietnam have an abundance of fresh seafood, it also has its own twist on traditional Vietnamese dishes like spring rolls and curries. Fish sauce is always offered as a dipping sauce in Nha Trang to make the food tastier. Also, nique delicacies such as jellyfish are widely available everywhere, from stalls in bustling street markets to local eateries in Nha Trang.
4. Nha Trang travel tips for first-time visitors
Below are some useful tips that you should note to have the best trip to Nha Trang Vietnam:
4.1. Best time to visit Nha Trang Vietnam
Nha Trang Vietnam has a temperate climate with more than 300 sunny days a year and divided into 2 distinct seasons:
- Rainy season: From September to the end of December, Nha Trang has cool weather and a lot of rain. Traveling to Nha Trang in this season, you will have a chance to admire the pristine beauty of the coastal city after the rains.
- Dry season: From January to September is the most ideal time for a trip to Nha Trang. In this season, Nha Trang has a lot of sunshine and calm waves so it is extremely suitable for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
In addition to seasonal travel options, you can come to Nha Trang Vietnam on festive occasions to soak up the bustling atmosphere and learn about the local culture. Some famous Nha Trang festivals with many special activities are:
- Nha Trang Sea Festival: Summer of odd-numbered years
- Thap Ba Festival: From March 20th to 23rd of the lunar calendar every year
4.2. Traveling to Nha Trang city
Nha Trang Vietnam has a convenient location, being located between two big cities – Da Nang City and Ho Chi Minh City, with a developed transportation network. Therefore, depending on the distance and preferences, you can choose the appropriate means of transportation as follows:
- By plane: This can help you save a lot of time with only 1 hour for a flight from Saigon to Cam Ranh airport (Khanh Hoa) and about 2 hours for a flight from Hanoi.
- By train: If you seek nostalgia and want to sightsee along the way, you can choose to travel by train with many trips available from the Northern to Southern provinces.
- By sleeper bus: Although taking more time, the bus will help you save a lot of money for your travel. You can choose the route from Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, and Hanoi with a departure time that suits your schedule.
4.3. How to get around Nha Trang?
With so many means of transportation, you will not have to worry about getting around when traveling to Nha Trang Vietnam on your own. Here, you can rent a motorbike or take a taxi to explore the city center, or take a boat or canoe to reach the islands. Each means has its own pros so you should decide which one to choose depending on where you want to visit.
4.4. Where to stay: Nha Trang hotels & resorts
As a famous tourist city, Nha Trang Vietnam has a variety of accommodation types, from affordable to high-end classes, such as homestays, motels, hotels, 5-star resorts, etc. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose the corresponding Nha trang hotels or resorts to stay. According to the reviews of many experienced tourists, you should find and book a hotel at least 2 weeks in advance to get a good room with the best price.
Among many choices, Vinpearl Nha Trang is the ideal suggestion. It has a modern hotel in the city center and 5 luxurious resorts on Hon Tre Island. Coming to one of these places, you and your family can experience a comfortable vacation in an impressive space with exquisite design. Besides, you will have a chance to enjoy many high-end services with classy facilities such as restaurants, bars, spas, infinity swimming pools, etc.
4.5. Nha Trang travel budget
The cost of Nha Trang trip for each person will be different, depending on the choice of resort, means of transportation, entertainment, dining or shopping needs. For a normally short trip with basic travel needs, the cost to go to Nha Trang Vietnam should fluctuate as follows:
- Travel expenses for 2 nights and 1 day: about 3,000,000 VND/person
- Travel expenses for 3 nights and 2 days: about 5,000,000 VND/person
*The above costs are for reference only
>>> Remember to book voucher, combo, tour to Nha Trang to travel on a budget!
This article has provided the necessary information in terms of sightseeing, dining, means of transportation, accommodation as well as reference costs for your trip to Nha Trang Vietnam. Hopefully, with this Nha Trang travel guide, you will get a perfect trip with a great deal of excitement in your next vacation. If you are an adventure seeker, don’t forget to book tickets of VinWonders Nha Trang to take part in many fantastic thrilling games!
>>> Remember to book voucher, combo, tour to Nha Trang before your departure!