The route from Hue to Hoi An is one of the most beautiful roads in central Vietnam. Covering a distance of over 120 kilometers, it allows you to explore many famous landscapes and cultural heritage sites in the region. Let’s discover the highlights of this route from Hue to Hoi An in this article!
1. How far is it from Hue to Hoi An? How long does it take to travel?
The distance between Thua Thien Hue province and Hoi An is approximately 126 kilometers. Along this route, you will pass by many famous landscapes, not to mention the delicious cuisine that you can enjoy at various stops.
To travel from the Imperial City of Hue to the Ancient Town of Hoi An, it will take you about 2-4 hours. Therefore, before embarking on this journey, it is important to research transportation options, stops, and accommodations along the way, as this is not a short amount of time.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An to save time and money on your next Hoi An trip!
2. How many ways to get from Hue to Hoi An?
2.1. Hue to Hoi An by motorbike
For those who love adventure and exploration, motorbikes are definitely for you. You can freely explore and stop wherever you want to visit and take photos. The route from Hue to Hoi An will pass through many famous landscapes such as Hai Van Pass, Da Nang, Lang Co Bay…
If you want to travel from Hue to Hoi An by motorbike, you can refer to the following route: From the center of Hue City, go along An Duong Vuong – Nguyen Tat Thanh towards National Road 1A. Then, from National Road 1A/Ly Thanh Tong, turn left into Phuoc Tuong tunnel. After passing through Phuoc Tuong tunnel, turn right to continue on National Road 1A to the Hai Van Pass intersection. At this point, you can choose to travel through the tunnel by shuttle bus or turn right to cross Hai Van Pass by yourself.
Once you have reached Da Nang City, you will have many options for traveling to Hoi An. You can choose to take the route from Nga Ba Hue intersection and turn towards Truong Chinh street, or go straight to Hoi An from Nguyen Tat Thanh coastal road.
Note: If you travel along the mountain pass, be very careful as there is a risk of robbery. Avoid traveling too early in the morning or too late at night as it is not safe. On the other hand, if you take the tunnel, you can drive your motorbike to the entrance of the Hai Van Pass Tunnel and leave it at the office of the tunnel management. Your motorbike will be transported to the other side of the tunnel by a truck while you take a shuttle bus, then you can pick it up at the other side.
2.2. Hue to Hoi An by taxi
Another option for traveling from Hue to Hoi An is by taxi. With a distance of over 100 kilometers, it is easy to find taxi services. However, the price may not be cheap, so you can use carpooling or share a taxi to save money.
- Booking: You can contact the service providers directly via hotline or their website.
- Route: A private taxi can stop at the locations you desire to enjoy the scenery.
- Duration: 2-3 hours.
- Cost: From 1,700,000 to 2,200,000 VND ($75-95) per car.
- Pros and cons: Taxis are perfect for a safe, comfortable, and private journey. You can relax at various stops, take photos or enjoy delicious seafood along the coast. However, the cost will be higher compared to other transportation options.
2.3. Hue to Hoi An by bus
Perhaps the most common transportation option for tourists traveling on this trip is by bus. This is due to its fast travel time, reasonable price and good quality and convenience of bus services. Some highly-rated bus companies include Thu Sinh Tourist, Camel Travel, Phuong Trang Travel, Hanh Cafe, and Hoi An Express.
- Booking: You can check the information regarding phone numbers, prices, and types of buses and book tickets directly on the bus companies’ websites.
- Route: The bus will go directly to Hoi An without any stops along the way.
- Duration: About 1.5 hours.
- Cost: From 115,000 to 185,000 VND ($4.80-8) per one-way ticket.
- Pros and cons: In terms of convenience, this method is cost-effective and time-saving. However, the bus from Hue to Hoi An usually goes through the Hai Van Pass Tunnel, so you will miss the opportunity to admire one of the most beautiful mountain roads in Vietnam.
2.4. Hue to Hoi An by train
Traveling by train provides the opportunity to enjoy the scenic views along the way. However, it’s not possible to take a train from Hue to Hoi An. Instead, you will need to take a train to Da Nang and then transfer to a bus for the final leg of the journey to Hoi An as the town does not have its own railway station.
Vietnam Railways offers approximately 7 trains daily from Hue, with three options: hard seat, soft seat, and soft berth.
- Booking: Train tickets can be purchased online through the Vietnam Railway website. Tickets can also be bought directly at Hue Railway Station (Address: 2 Bui Thi Xuan Street).
- Route: The train travels through Hai Van Pass to reach Da Nang Railway Station, from where a bus/taxi ride is needed to reach Hoi An.
- Duration: The train ride takes about 2.5 hours to arrive at Da Nang Station, followed by a 1-hour bus ride to reach Hoi An.
- Train ride: 100,000-120,000 VND ($3-5)/one-way ticket.
- Bus ride from Da Nang to Hoi An: 150,000-200,000 VND ($5-8)/one-way ticket.
- Pros and cons: Traveling by train is relatively inexpensive and safe, and it is also interesting since you can catch a glimpse of Hai Van Pass from the train’s windows. However, the major disadvantage is the time-consuming aspect of the journey. The travel process may also be tiring and uncomfortable as the train is often noisy and shaky.
Passengers can choose from the following trains departing from Hue to Da Nang:
|Train number||Departure Time||Arrival time|
|SE9||04:55 am||07:35 am|
|SE21||07:00 am||09:40 am|
|SE3||08:37 am||11:05 am|
|SE19||09:31 am||12:20 am|
|SE1||10:59 am||01:25 pm|
|SE7||07:51 pm||10:21 pm|
|SE5||10:28 pm||01:06 am|
>>> Explore the things to do in Hoi An!
Visiting Hoi An, tourists cannot miss the top attractions such as Hoi An Ancient Town, An Bang Beach, Japanese Bridge, Hoi An night market, Quan Cong Temple, Tan Ky Old House, My Son Sanctuary, Tra Que Vegetable Village, etc.
To fully explore Hoi An, tourists should not miss the opportunity to visit VinWonders Nam Hoi An. Here, you can witness the fusion of cultural heritage, unique architecture, traditional arts, and numerous exciting entertainment activities. At VinWonders Nam Hoi An, visitors can enjoy five exhilarating subdivisions, including the River Safari – the first and only river safari in Vietnam, the Island of Folk Culture – where you can appreciate the country’s rich traditions, and more.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An to unwind to the fullest!
From Hue to Hoi An, an exciting journey with many wonderful experiences awaits travelers. It is not only the stunning natural landscapes but also the unique cultural and historical heritage of Vietnam. The journey ends in Hoi An, a beautiful ancient city with traditional old houses, beautiful beaches, and the distinctive flavors of Central Vietnam’s cuisine. It is definitely a memorable journey and cannot be missed when visiting Vietnam.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An and be well – prepared to enjoy your travel time!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An in advance for the best trip!